Creating keyword stemming (the ability to have a page returned for multiple results) is accomplished easily through using synonyms and alternative keywords for inbound and internal links.
To promote this SEO tactic simply:
1. Map out the keyword cluster that best corresponds to the root phrase.
2. Make sure the initial keyword is utilized once in the first 25 words of the document.
3. Contextually integrate the secondary keyword 1-2 times into the page.
4. Make sure the page has 500-750 word min. so that search engines have enough context to identify the pages primary and secondary topic.
5. Use both the singular keyword variation and the alternative variation in the title if possible (or in the title+meta tag) – such as keyword1 in title, and keyword 2 (singular or plural in meta data).
6. Build internal links using the alternative keyword variations to supply the foundation of link flow.
7. Build inbound anchor text to the page (from other relevant pages) with the alternate variations of phrases you want the target page to rank for ( i.e. rates, pricing, fees, prices, cost) as an example of semantic stemming.
8. Wait for all the changes to get indexed.
9. Continue building internal and external inbound links until the page reaches the top 10 for one keyword, then reduce the inbound links for that keyword and focus on alternative variables so all the keywords are sufficiently nurtured.
10. Enjoy stemmed keyword rankings over time.
This simple, yet effective SEO technique can represent the difference between ranking for 10 keywords, 100 keywords or 1,000 over time, depending on how you scale this process across multiple pages in your domain.
If you are interested to know more about SEO try to join our next e-tourism & e-marketing conference on the 13th of december in Luxor,Egypt.